Gabriella Zuniga, who recently settled a high-profile lawsuit against Shannon Sharpe, has announced her retirement from OnlyFans. The timing has fueled speculation of a significant settlement as Sharpe steps back from ESPN and tour appearances amid the controversy. Observers weigh the legal fallout and public response to the resolved but contentious case.
LOS ANGELES, CA (TDR) — The announcement that Gabriella Zuniga, the woman who accused sports commentator Shannon Sharpe of sexual assault, is retiring from OnlyFans mere days after a confidential settlement has reinvigorated scrutiny of both the civil lawsuit and its resolution. Though the legal matter has been dismissed, the public conversation is only gaining momentum.
Zuniga had filed a $50 million lawsuit in April 2025 against Sharpe under the alias “Jane Doe,” alleging a pattern of physical abuse and controlling behavior. Her attorney, Tony Buzbee—known for representing high-profile plaintiffs—confirmed the relationship between the two but alleged disturbing conduct on Sharpe’s part.
“[Sharpe] demanded complete control of [Zuniga’s] time and body,” Buzbee stated in court filings, calling Sharpe’s behavior “coercive and degrading.”
Freedom-Loving Beachwear by Red Beach Nation - Save 10% With Code RVM10
Don't miss out on the news
Get the latest, most crucial news stories on the web – sent straight to your inbox for FREE as soon as they hit! Sign up for Email News Alerts in just 30 seconds!
Sharpe, a Pro Football Hall of Famer turned media personality, vehemently denied the allegations, accusing Buzbee of orchestrating a “shakedown” and vowing to file a defamation suit in return.
20-year-old OnlyFans model who hit Shannon Sharpe with a $50M lawsuit says she’s retiring from OnlyFans after settling the lawsuit with him pic.twitter.com/7ViNkU8SQq
— FearBuck (@FearedBuck) July 20, 2025
A Confidential Resolution and a Public Exit
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE FROM THE THE DUPREE REPORT
On July 15, Buzbee announced that both parties had reached a confidential settlement. The case was dismissed with prejudice, barring Zuniga from refiling the same claims in the future. Buzbee praised the “respectful negotiations” that led to the “mutually agreed upon resolution.”
Though details of the agreement remain sealed, public speculation intensified following Zuniga’s announcement that she would retire from OnlyFans, the subscription platform where she had amassed a significant following.
“Thank you for the incredible support you’ve shown me over the past few years,” Zuniga wrote online. “This community has given me a life I could have never imagined… I’m truly excited for this next chapter.”
Her sudden departure from a lucrative online business has prompted many to interpret the move as confirmation of a substantial financial settlement. Social media buzzed with reactions—some celebratory, others critical.
“That settlement just hit her bank account,” one user wrote. “The numbers must be good, that’s why she’s retiring.”
Another added, “He could’ve fed so many Black families in need with this money, but now it’s in her… hands.”
Fallout for Sharpe and ESPN
In the wake of the controversy, Sharpe announced a temporary pause in his duties at ESPN, where he regularly appears on First Take alongside Stephen A. Smith. The break was described as mutual between Sharpe and the network, and he is expected to return for the start of the NFL preseason.
“I sincerely appreciate the overwhelming and ongoing support I have received,” Sharpe said in a statement, maintaining that his relationship with Zuniga had been “100% consensual.”
Smith, who has long worked with Sharpe, responded to the situation with a blend of empathy and uncertainty:
“In my perfect world, [Sharpe] moves on and somehow, some way, we find this all to be false,” Smith said. “But it doesn’t seem like that’s the way things are about to go down.”
Sharpe also announced that the popular Nightcap tour with co-host Chad “Ochocinco” Johnson would be postponed until summer 2026.
Shannon Sharpe’s rape accuser has retired from OnlyFans after coming to resolution and dismissing her $50 million lawsuit pic.twitter.com/MFnUvQYy1f
— SAY CHEESE! 👄🧀 (@SaycheeseDGTL) July 20, 2025
Broader Implications and Public Perception
The case underscores broader tensions in the intersection of fame, media, and legal accountability. While Sharpe’s supporters maintain his innocence and praise his transparency, others are left questioning the disparity between private settlement and public justice.
As legal experts often remind, a settled case does not imply guilt—but neither does it erase doubt. In the court of public opinion, perception often outweighs procedure.
Will this resolution offer closure—or only sharpen the lines of debate over power, privacy, and justice?
Follow The Dupree Report on YouTube
Meta Description:
Slug:
Keywords:
MORE NEWS: Trump Claims Power to Void Biden Autopen Documents, But Legal Experts Say He Lacks Authority
Article Related Key Phrase: Kicker Label:
Freedom-Loving Beachwear by Red Beach Nation - Save 10% With Code RVM10
Join the Discussion
COMMENTS POLICY: We have no tolerance for messages of violence, racism, vulgarity, obscenity or other such discourteous behavior. Thank you for contributing to a respectful and useful online dialogue.